Summerhill is a well balanced grazing and cropping enterprise.
It is large enough to be run as a standalone entity or as an addition to a large family agribusiness operation.
There is now an abundance of pasture due to the extensive storms over January and February 2020
*3239ha/ *8000 acres of unrestricted freehold (*$1500/ac)
Property is located approx. *30 km south-west of Cassilis, *70km from Mudgee on the Summerhill Road. *257 km from Newcastle and *384 km to Sydney CBD.
- Main House - 8 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and is an older style home in fair condition.
- Well maintained 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom farm house located in a separate location on the property.
- 2 sets of cattle handling yards with vet crush and all weather loading facilities.
- 5 stand shearing shed with old sheep yard (unequipped).
- 7 grain storage silos.
- Large machinery storage shed with full workshop.
- Chemical storage shed, 2 x large hay sheds, along with numerous other farm buildings.
The land ranges from soft open arable terrain to highly productive heavy basalt grazing land with a small portion of timbered sandstone ridges and outcrops surrounding the Munmurra River's edge.
Water is one of the real features of Summerhill, with *11.6km of frontage to the reliable Munmurra River along with at least 1 dam in every main paddock (*34 dams).
There are two separate pumping stations at the river, which are fully equipped with diesel pumps.
This water is pumped to 7 elevated tanks throughout the property and gravity fed back to 31 stock water troughs.
The property is subdivided into *38 main paddocks.
The fencing is predominantly in very good to excellent stock proof condition, for the main purpose of cattle breeding.
Owner represents *1000-1200 grown cattle on a year in year out basis under current management.
Power, telephone, school bus, mail 3 times weekly, schools at Coolah, Mudgee and Merriwa, air services at Mudgee and Dubbo, saleyards at Mudgee, Dubbo, Dunedoo, Scone and CTLX Carcoar.
This is truly a nice balance of country for the sheep/cattle producer and fattener. "Summerhill" is extremely well watered with quality fast responding soils.
Pre-Register for Inspections