First time offered in recent history, “Mount Blaxland” is one the finest grazing
properties in the district and it is a credit to the vendors for their lifetime of
management and presentation of the property.
• Situated just 14*km to Lithgow, 75*km to Bathurst and 135*km to Sydney
• 1,700* acres of thoughtfully cleared grazing country
• Pastures are predominantly native with substantial stands of clover and rye grass
(minimal noxious weeds)
• The property is subdivided into 13 paddocks, fencing in fair to good condition
and comprise of barbed, plain & electric.
• Water is a key essential to any farming operation and “Mount Blaxland” offers
loads of it, as set out below:
- 2.6*km frontage to the renowned trout stream Cox’s Rivers
- Jocks Creek & Lowther Creek
- 15* stock water dams with a number being spring fed
• Shelter belts of eucalypts are well balanced over the property and couple as a
great supply of firewood
• The property enjoys unsurpassed views across the local district whilst remaining
extremely private, backing onto the iconic Mount Blaxland itself.
The “Mount Blaxland” double brick homestead boasts 4 large bedrooms, 2 spacious
living areas and a versatile kitchen
• Internal features of the home include open fireplace, slow combustion fire,
reverse cycle air conditioning, cathedral and 9ft ceilings
• External features include, wrap around verandah, double lock up garage with
adjoining BBQ area, established gardens watered by a fully plumbed spring and
80,000L water tank servicing the house water
• The property offers a further two dwelling suitable for a caretaker extended family
or added income. One of fibro construction and the second of a demountable
origin and has been extended by its occupant for further comfort. Both of these
additional dwellings offer gas heating, electric heating & combustion cookers.
• 4 machinery/hay sheds situated across property
• Two sets of cattle yards, one heavy duty steel set of cattle yards complete with
loading ramp and undercover crush, plus older timber yards
• The 1814 H.McArther hut, restored by Glen Ryan 2006, sits alongside the Cox’s
River, an ideal getaway or picnic spot with the family.
“Mount Blaxland” is offered as a walk-in walk-out, a truly unique opportunity
for those seeking scale, lifestyle and a sound investment for the future, “Mount
Blaxland” is one not to be missed!
Offered for genuine sale, vendors retiring.
Forthcoming Auction - Offers will be considered prior to Auction.
Inspections strictly by appointment 6336 1585.
Pre-Register for Inspections